Lady Gaga is a joke. I am putting this all out there now because I don’t really feel like defending my argument to some psycho fan wearing a telephone on their head.
There is nothing earth-shattering about Lady Gaga. Her songs make up the thumping club soundtrack for some douche bag to stick his c**k up against you on seedy sweat-filled dance floor. That’s revolutionary?
I won’t pull the old music snob card and list a bunch of people that I feel revolutionized music because it is pointless. The fact of the matter is, she is recycling and mimicking icons that graced stages years before her and presenting it to us as if it is some new and exciting pill. People have been doing this for years and Lady Gaga is probably wearing their hand me downs.
While we are at it, let’s put a halt to throwing praise to yet another washed up idea- Lady Gaga and her sexual openness.
Guess what 2010? Sexual expression is at the highest it’s ever been with 12 year old tweens sexting their prepubescent boyfriends pictures of their boobs and giving bjs in the schoolyard. Her showing her crotch is not exactly shocking anyone or opening new doors.
If we just took a step back and looked at the big picture, we would realize that the real revolution is happening all over the music world already. The industry has made such a radical change in such a short time in regards to accessibility and format. The whole idea of large record labels deciding fame is like saying that the best internet service is dial up- its old news. The model Lady Gaga is built on is a dying concept with just a few short seconds left on the clock.
DIY is the new revolution, not mammoth-sized antiquated companies comprised of teams of people creating, tweaking and supporting one weak artist. Not Lady Gaga. Talking about yourself in the third person and stating that you are going to revolutionize music in interviews is not edgy and avant-garde, it’s pompous and contrived.
Not Sold.
I guess when it comes to art and music, I am not an easy target. I also don’t just discriminate solely for snobbery’s sake. I just don’t get the hype, don’t like the hype and wish people would stop acting like fools over this studio 54 reject and move on.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How do you wake up Lady Gaga from a nap????
ReplyDeleteYou Poker Face!