Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hang the DJ: Part I



Hey hey hey… Its DJ Happytown on the 1 & 2’s bringing you the most feel-good tracks to ever travel the road of pure ecstasy from the studio to my eardrums. The following tunes are what I purposefully labeled feel-good songs because to call them the happiest would be a misnomer as I am sure some of them are about depressing shite. Last time I checked, the only person who likes to “Dance with Themselves” is the drunk girl flailing her arms, about to vomit in the corner of the bar… and despite the obvious title, I still don’t know what Toto is rambling on about in “Africa” but I do love me some Kilimanjaro references in my music.

These are the songs I listen to when I want to feel like I just did 3 kilos of cocaine without the unpleasant hangover. In addition, they all get the coveted mom dance seal of approval.

So please enjoy the below amalgamation of my two favorite things: lists and music.

  • Africa- Toto
  • Ain’t No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
  • And We Danced- The Hooters
  • Beer- Reel Big Fish
  • Botch-A-Me- Rosemary Clooney
  • Break My Stride- Matthew Wilder
  • Buddy Holly-Weezer
  • Could You Be Loved-Bob Marley
  • Cracklin’ Rosie- Neil Diamond
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love- Queen
  • Dancing With Myself- Billy Idol
  • Dancing Queen- Abba
  • Drive- Incubus
  • Electric Feel- MGMT
  • Every Little Thing She Does is Magic- The Police
  • Feeling Good- Michael Buble, Muse, etc. (Yeah I said Buble. So what if I liked a manufactured man voice? Don’t judge)
  • Footloose- Kenny Loggins
  • For Once In My Life- Stevie Wonder
  • Friday I’m In Love- The Cure
  • Funkytown- Lipps Inc.
  • Head Over Heels-Tears for Fears
  • How Sweet It Is- James Taylor
  • How Will I Know-Whitney Houston
  • I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - Four Tops
  • I Saw Her Standing There- The Beatles
  • I’m Still Standing- Elton John
  • I Want You Back- The Jackson Five
  • (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave- Martha and The Vandellas
  • Love Will Never Do Without You- Janet Jackson
  • Love You Madly- Cake
  • Love Her Madly- The Doors
  • Lovely Rita- The Beatles
  • Magic- The Cars
  • Modern Love- David Bowie
  • My Girl- The Temptations
  • Over the Hills and Far Way- Led Zeppelin
  • PYT (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
  • Respect- Erasure
  • Roseanna- Toto
  • Runaround Sue- Dion
  • Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder
  • So Happy Together-The Turtles
  • Stir It Up- Bob Marley
  • Surf Wax America- Weezer
  • Sweetness-Jimmy Eat World
  • Take On Me- A-ha
  • Tears of a Clown- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
  • The Way You Make Me Feel-Michael Jackson
  • Turning Japanese- The Vapors
  • Uptight (Everything’s Alright) - Stevie Wonder
  • Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
  • Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go- Wham
  • Wanna Be Starting Something- Michael Jackson
  • We Built This City- Starship
  • Wouldn’t It Be Nice-Beach Boys
  • You Might Think –The Cars
  • Young Hearts Be Free Tonight- Rod Stewart
  • (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher-Jackie Wilson

Feel free to comment with your own gems. I am sure I will come up with more myself.


2 comments:

  1. For me, it's "Double Dutch Bus" by Frankie Smith. I can't believe you like "Break-a my Stride" with all those lines about how he's "got to keep my boobies." Botcha-me is always a feelgood. It feels best when driving through center city with your windows down

    ReplyDelete